Anxiety Treatment and Counselling in Adelaide
Nearly everyone has experienced anxiety. We can utilise some level of anxiety to reflect sensitivity to others, a regard for our own wellbeing and a motivating force driving us to achieve and perform to our best advantage.
There is however a marked difference between the ‘normal’ experience of anxiety and the symptoms of anxiety disorders. High levels of anxiety and associated feelings are distressing and debilitating and professional help may be needed.
Through effective anxiety counselling, Adelaide Clinic can help you manage your anxiety.
What anxiety treatments do we offer?
A combination of treatments can be used, for example:
- Cognitive Behavioural Therapy which includes:
- Teaching a range of skills and responses that can help an individual understand and accept their difficulties
- Teaching individuals to become more aware of unhelpful thinking patterns
- Teaching individuals to separate themselves from anxiety, through the use of logical analysis and self-questioning strategies
- Possibly taking medication to target the underlying changes in brain function.
- Being active daily for general wellbeing
Adelaide Clinic can help you control your anxiety. Contact our friendly staff today to see how we can help you.